Saturday, November 22, 2008

My owl stump ..... maybe someday


This location has me stumped ... the colors and background are fantastic, I can just see an owl landing on this at night, the only problem is the owl. I have used this location for 4 years now and just can't seem to move the camera and give up. The only pictures I get are of mice and sometimes a deer or elk will climb the hill behind the stump and trigger the sensor.

I use a very sensitive board so there's no chance of missing anything on the stump. I refuse to use bait or scent and will go with the odds that with mice on the stump an owl will surely land within the next century. I even prune the hemlock tree that's on the back of the stump to give more room for landing. I now believe if I see a rabbit road kill on the way to check the cameras I will be tempted to go to the extreme and use bait, but heck, it's only been 4 years

2 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Owlman said...

Cliff I would encourage you to use bait (road kill rabbit) and recording of a mouse or rabbit.
I look forward to your photo of a GHO on the stump.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

A natural photo is much more rewarding than a baited photo. I say keep waiting. The longer the wait, the better the reward. Someday you will get your money shot. "Good things happen to those who wait."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home