Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Got the Pileated Woodpecker


I could hardly wait to check the woodpecker camera, even though the weather has been bad and expecting 4 to 8 inches of more rain in the next couple of days, I had to hit the brush. I could see the tree the camera was on and it looked like a lot of new digging for bugs so I was getting excited to see if it really was the Pileated Woodpecker.

Sure enough, I had 18 pictures of it up close but a few were blurry from being too close. Had the focus set on infinity and the ISO on 200 but will change the focus to 3 meters next time. Might place the 600 there, it takes great pictures and would like to enlarge a couple pictures of this beautiful bird.

3 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger Owlman said...

Great shot! You hit the jackpot on this beautiful bird.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger cliff said...

Thanks owlman, as soon as I can remember how to add links on the blog I will add yours and codgers.

The bird tuned out better than I expected on the first pictures, but you know how it goes, think I can do better. I almost have the big Nikon ready and think this would be a good test for a daytime only picture. As soon as the rain lets up, maybe Friday, I will set up the Nikon D100 and give it a go. Can't wait too long as these birds they don't give a lot of time for second chances.

That beaver falling the tree is a difficult photo to get and yours turned out fantastic. I certainly don't have one that compares to that picture.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Camera Trap Codger said...

I'll bet you are still high from that one! So many camera trappers are thrilled with whatever passes the camera, but when you set your sights on species X, and you actually get it -- well that's an achievement. (Of course that doesn't apply when species X is a white-tailed or black-tailed deer.) My hat is off to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home