Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dew on the game camera lens




I try very hard this time of the year to prevent dew on the camera lens, but around swamps and creeks it's difficult. I use Rain-X on the outside glass lens on the case and it works fine if I remember to apply it once a week.

A good example of dew are these 2 bobcat photos I got this week showing the bobcat walking the log and then coming back past the camera in less than a minute later. They were taken in the morning daylight before the dew evaporated. Most of my bobcat photos are taken at night when the lens is dry, the dew is worst in the early mornings as the temperature changes.

4 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger Camera Trap Codger said...

Bummer, and I know how you feel. Those would have been super pictures. Well, in all fairness they still are.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger cliff said...

Kind of feel bad because it was during the day and 2 pictures of the same cat. I like to check the markings to identify the different bobcats, just makes it a little more difficult.

I had the camera 5 feet from the log and covered with moss on the sides, don't think the cat even knew the camera was there.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Chrissy said...

Ok, this is coming from a novice, but I love these pics. The effect of the dew on the lens make these appear like a painting. I like the fact that the photos don't have that harsh daylight glare to them and instead has a misty sureal quality...but that's just me.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger cliff said...

chrisss, no novice on your part, both CTC and I do like the photos. The bobcat is centered and shows a lot of detail in the markings and not enough fog effect to bother the picture when enlarging.

I'm changing the sensor in my Nikon and hope to get it in this location by the end of the week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home