Sunday, November 09, 2008

Blacktail buck on my coyote setup


I set this camera up for coyotes where this trail crosses a swamp, the nice color of the leaves I believed would blend well with the coyote. Of all the times for a buck to go through the camera holding his head up. I haven't had much luck with deer this fall, so this is about par for the course.

I did stumble across a great place to set a camera for a photo of a Pileated Woodpecker, so all wasn't lost. And I do mean stumble, seems the older I get the more often I trip and fall when my feet get tangled in the berry vines and brush, but as all loggers do I fall towards my work.

3 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice buck, too bad you can't see his full antlers but he looks to be a forked horn. The swamp down amongst the cottonwoods by the T. river?

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger cliff said...

Yup, Nice looking buck and in good shape. The camera was in the swamp across from the road that goes out into the field. Just about 100 yards into the swamp. Neck is getting big but don't think he's in much of a rut yet, should be about thanksgiving for the fun to begin.

I know there are bigger bucks around but haven't been lucky enough to get a picture in this brush.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Owlman said...

mayamuirNice photo cliff and "Join the (Stumbler's) club". It's one of signs and I know from experience
. There are 2 other signs: one is loss of memory but I don't remember the other. lol~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home