Monday, December 08, 2008

Family of Otters


Cursed by the rain with all the spots, but did get a family of otters playing along the bank. It looks like two adults taking three young ones for a grand tour of the homeland. They spend the first year teaching the kids where to feed at certain times of the year, fall for salmon in the river, lakes for summer and the ponds for a standby. Because otter travel long distances and eat continually I can tell by their scat what they eat and from that where they have been.

3 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger Camera Trap Codger said...

Tremendous! What a treat.

I have two areas here where there are otters, but I dare not put a camera out. Too many people! I'll have to satisfied with your otter shots, which isn't hard to do.

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

same with me ctc,to many winter steelhead fisherman on my side of the hill.great pictures cliff yote8

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger cliff said...

I used to fish for winter steelhead, but I checked the cams today and realized why I quit. Wind and rain, 36 degrees and I'm wet and cold and 5 more miles to go. Guess I'm getting to old for this cold weather.

CTC, after they stopped trapping for otters, they have really come back so the river is full of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home