Sunday, November 30, 2008

I just had to set a trail cam in this location




Seems I always end up around creeks and ponds looking for places to set my trail cameras, but when I came across this site I laughed so hard I almost cried. Now I worked in the woods for over 20 years and some as a timber faller, but this looked like a beavers nightmare. Trees were hung up, one was bent around in a way to prevent another from falling and it looked like a beaver was likely to get hurt if things continued without a well thought out plan.

I always carry extra cameras with me for just this rare occasion, but while setting up the camera I had forgotten to bring any nylon cords to tie the camera and nothing I had would work. So I had to improvise using a small vinemaple limb that bends but rarely breaks. Now I'm sure the beavers are going to laugh when they see my situation.

4 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now thats dedication!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger cliff said...

Long time no see yote, hope you had a good thanksgiving.

Got to looking at the camera and the trees real closely and hope the beavers don't decide to chew an undercut facing the camera on that nearest tree, could fall on the camera. Wouldn't that nasty, sure looks like it would be easy.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

As long as you get the picture, it's worth the damage

 
At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well u allwase got boot laces on if u wernt to far away from ur rig... i have personally used my boot laces fer the exact same thing two years ago and i ended up shooting a dandy 3 point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home