Thursday, January 13, 2011

Trail camera set for bobcats

I saw some fresh bobcat tracks while on the last hike and followed them far enough to find a good location for the camera. The tracks showed up well in the freshly thawed mud which made them easy to follow.

This photo is of the trail as I followed the tracks and you can see the small dirt area going up and into the young fir trees. I picked this location so the camera was not visible from where this photo was taken.



In this picture you can see the camera tied to the base of the small tree just to the right of the trail. Should make a nice photo if a bobcat uses this trail within the next century.

5 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Getting a Bobcat on camera has been one of my biggest goals. Unfortunately I'm still trying :(.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger cliff said...

Hang in there Joe, once you find a bobcat trail or log they use, then it's just a matter of time before they use the same trail again.

Predators use the same trails just like your dog or cat makes a trail in the yard and use them as a regular route while hunting and just traveling. Around the edges of swamps and ridges you should find some well used trails.

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,,how are ya. I saw a bobcat in 2010. It was my first time that I saw one after hunting 36 years. i was also thinking of setting up for it but I never did. After seeing him the first thing I did was go on line and check if Bobcats attacked people much. Everytime I gut a deer the guts are comletely gone the next day. Maybe ,he get's some once in a while. It woukld be nice to set up on a gut pile. You will at least get coyotes on the camera. If not the cat.

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.huntingchat.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32980

Check this guys luck out. wh

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Cheap WOW Gold said...

Cardboard boxes are riddled across the battle field WOW Gold. Even though the majority of them are empty, some may well just house a solitary player biding their time for a silent strike Rs Gold Cheap. I appreciate these kinds of quirky mechanics mainly because you absolutely will not find them within your each day shooter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home