Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hiding my trail camera using moss


Several photos I took to show how I use natural vegetation to hide my game cameras in the woods. Several reasons for hiding the camera are to prevent theft, which is very rare in the locations I place the cameras and more importantly is not to have the animal look at the camera when the first picture is taken. This results in a photo showing the animal in it's natural daily activity.

If the outline of the camera tied to a tree can be hid with moss or ferns, then your chance for a better photo of any animal raises to a higher probability, even though some animals will notice the change, it causes no alarm of danger.

This is what the animal or person would see coming straight toward the camera, it is noticable, but does not stand out enough to attract your attention. The chances of another person in this location is highly unlikely and might also be true of a wild animal, but it is a chance I would take any day for a good photo.

6 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Dan F. said...

That's amazing camoflauge!

Since we don't have the wet moss-growing conditions that you have, I try to keep my cameras low to the ground and fill in around them with dead ferns or fallen wood.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Great camo job. I've tried this but mine never look as good as yours.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger KB said...

You put me to shame. We don't have much moss but I should be able to do at least a little better than I have been.

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Greg said...

That is a great idea. No better way to make it blend into the surroundings.

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to try this with the new camera that I buy. My last camera was stolen by someone walking through my property.

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Cheap WOW Gold said...

And that is only pertaining towards the perks World Of Warcraft Gold. The general expertise received from playing on-line matches is usually a confusing method. If you die, two points wfqSEO are subtracted from your general score along with a when you kill three points are added. The mixture of knockouts (tranquilizing, choking, etc), headshot kills, body shot kills, and deaths combine to form the player's score Cheapest Rs Gold. So you'd think when you get a positive score you are doing okay suitable?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home