Friday, November 12, 2010

My first Golden Eagle photos in 05

These photos were taken in January 05 and took me a while to identify because our area is not known for Golden Eagles, they mainly stay on the eastern side of the Cascade Mountains in Washington. Since that time I have seen more in the area during winter , especially when the winters are bad east of the mountains.

The morning fog shows the golden feathers on the head and makes identification easy, but from other photos on the same stump it looks like an young Bald Eagle.

2 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Tracey Latorelli said...

Absolutely breathtaking. These raptors are truly majestic and full of wonder and majic. I have appreciated them for many, many years. My sister went west by car and took photos of Golden Eagles and back then (twenty years ago) I was just a captivated and I am now.

Kudos to you and the patience and attention to logistics it takes to get shots like these.

You, my friend, are truly an artist! So nice to see what you do. Keep it up..I'll be watching.

Best,
Tracey Latorelli
http://pctechroseart.blogspot.com

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger cliff said...

Thanks Tracy, I'll try and place some newer eagle photos on the blog. It was quite a challenge for some of the photos, and took me several years to learn how to place the camera and find where the birds land, I try to avoid any type of bait and just learn the habits of the animals I photograph.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home