Monday, October 25, 2010

Cameras set low and close


Have some health issues that have prevented me from getting my cameras back out, so will use some older photos for a while, plus add tips on how I use my cameras.

I enjoy getting photos of birds and predators, but my first pictures were too far from the animal. After years of setting out the cameras and learning their habits, I worked my cameras closer. In this photo of a Red Tail hawk, I placed a small log for the bird to land on and just behind the camera is a small creek. Lots of mice and other small animals in this area to attract birds. Sometimes it takes several weeks or a month to get any photos but worth the time.

4 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Sorry to hear about the health problems. Hope things get better!
Alan

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Sorry to hear about your health problems. I'd love to hear some of your tips on setting the cameras.

 
At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Dan F. said...

I was really glad to see a new post on your blog. You really nailed the focus and composition on this photo - thanks for sharing how you did it. Wishing you good health.

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Terry said...

Cliff
I hope your health issues turn out well and you get back out in the woods soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home