Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rewarding day for trail camera photos

The weather was nice and warm with the sun peeking through the clouds for the beginning of a 4 mile hike to the cameras. Half way to the first camera I knew I was on a roll because not once had I tripped and fallen or had a limb poke me in the eye. It would surely not last, after I saw the pocupine photo I had been waiting a week for it was down hill the rest of the day.

Too close for the Porcupine, so I moved the camera back about 2 feet.


Then off to the beaver dam camera and a nice picture of half of a Blue Heron. Well done cliff.


A great photo of me walking up on the beaver tree camera. That's a keeper.

And to top off the entire day, I got home and had a tick trying to eat me alive. Now I'm being treated for lymes disease and an infection from the tick bite.

6 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Camera Trap Codger said...

You're an honest man, Cliff, and the readers need to know that camera trappin' ain't no cake walk.

We know the prize shots are just a few more trips to and from those sets.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Henry said...

I know the feeling oh so well…

Must be related to the "camera trapper's blues" (poem/song) I’ve been hearing about lately.

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in ther cliff,alot of ticks on this side of the hill to!checked two cams last week,forgot to delete the previous photos on one.the other one the 9 volt was dead. yote 8

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cliff.....you should be happy that you found tick.....and are being treated....my brother has Lymes disease....has for last 20 years....would have LOVED to have found tick that bit him!! That would have been a very sad tick....it is part of the joyful part of outdoor trekking....yes??
M....in Auburn....an expert in removing ticks from dogs!!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger cliff said...

M...need I say more, sorry about your brother and the lymes, it can get bad, but this tick sure let me know it was there very soon after I got home. Burned like crazy and wa a circle of red around a brown center, been there before.

Sorry about the long delay in answering some posts, but I had to finally get the old place ready to sell and now I have only one place to keep up.

cliff

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Harry McLemore said...

Cliff I can feel your frustration. I too had a trail camera set up, and went to check it, found 6 trips of the same scene, and nothing, nada, nil, and any of them. Once a branch changed the focus point, and two other times the battery was DOA. Still working though. Did get deer and a flock of turkey, one coon, and a ground bird of some sort. Thanks for the trail pics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home