Thursday, February 04, 2010

Wild turkey on river trail


This camera was set on an otter landing at a different angle than how I normally use in this location, mainly because I was hoping for some predators to pass by while waiting for the otter. As luck would have it, a flock of turkeys fed their way by the camera and had a nice closeup of a hen. No otter yet and never saw any coyote or bobcat tracks in the sand so I feel good about the turkeys.

The only animal I saw today on my hike was a grouse, but when I got home I watched an otter feed in the river for almost 15 minutes and it was fantastic. Have seen them in ponds feeding many times, but to sit in the house and watch one play and feed was something else. I do believe they could out swim a salmon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home