Monday, November 23, 2009

Elk hoof rot up close


There's been a lot of interest in my elk photo showing the hoof rot,the photo has been in several newspapers in the state so I thought I would show a closeup of the hoof.

Sorry about the lack of photos for several weeks, but with all the wind and rain,plus trying to get some work done around the house when the rain dies down a little, I just haven't had the time. I have been working on several new cameras and hope to try a few ideas out with added flash.

3 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger jason said...

That looks painful.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger cliff said...

Right on that, it is very painful and seems the hoof keeps growing and more like founder than hoof rot to me. This cow elk fed in front of the camera for 7 or so photos and held the foot up on most pictures. It also was by itself while not being able to keep up with a herd.

The information from other hunters is it can be on any hoof but seems to be just one on an animal.

Like to learn more but this is the only animal I have photos of with this problem in this area.

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Deer Tracking Cameras said...

Now that's a unique photo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home