Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Couple more bull elk

I finally pulled all my elk cameras and will clean them up before setting them out for different animals. I have been busy cutting firewood, canning and getting ready for the fall rains and winter. Seems the end of summer is the busiest time of the year.

I set this camera by a spring and small pond during the hot weather of August, being the only water in the area the elk had been making regular trips during the day. No photos of large bulls, but some nice pictures of 5 or so different bulls.

Here are two of them: the first is of a nice bull feeding and then at night one came in and bedded down in front of the camera for several photos. I set the cam up for daytime pictures by placing the camera farther from the target area than I normally would but that leaves the flash weak for a night photo as shown in the bedded elk.


3 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Auburn....says
The elk look so well fed...it's fun to watch results of your work.........NICE!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Camera Trap Codger said...

I guess they are bugling their hearts out by now.

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger logcabin said...

wow was that a deer at the bottum????so glad to know after reading your bio that u release on your own property,dah,mkw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home