Thursday, August 20, 2009

Long hot hike for this bull elk photo


Got a late start into the high country so it was getting hot by the time I checked the first camera. When I reached the last camera I was out of water and still had to climb back out of this hell hole. Had several nice bull elk photos, so all wasn't lost, will leave them out for another week before pulling all the cameras in this area. The weather can change very fast and I just wanted some nice bull elk photos anyway.

Looks like some old scaring on the hind quarters from another elk, I've seen the same on horses where they grew back white hair on a bad injury that took a while to heal.

5 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice bull cliff,weather has been warm! yote8

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fan from Auburn, Ca. says......
Beautiful!.....

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger cliff said...

Yote. looks like it might be cooling off some for a while. How's everything going in your area?

Auburn, saw on the news you have a pretty hot fire, hope it's not close to your home. Be safe.

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Auburn,
Well....about 3-4 miles for fire....this is always a risk where I live.....so I accept it.
thanks for your concern....

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a follower of your photography work....how about a request?...a wolf.....or did I miss one? I think they are awesome....
Auburn, Ca.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home