Monday, January 04, 2010

Smaller trail camera



I'm building a few small game cameras for those locations around ponds and streams to hide from the smaller animals. The small size makes it easier to carry 8 or 9 with me most of the time.

The case is a Pelican 1010...camera is a Sony P41 and the sensor board is the new Simple Sniper. I used a 9 volt battery for the sensor board and had to make a small snorkel on the back to fit the 9 volt. I had 2 small coin cell batteries in it but switched so all my cameras would take the same batteries.

Here's a photo of the side showing the snorkel, I ground out some on the inside of the snorkel for the battery corners to fit and then fitted it and gooped everthing to weather seal.

3 Comments:

At 4:41 AM, Anonymous Dan F. said...

Can you post a photo showing the snorkel? What did you use to enclose the battery? Any problems making it waterproof?

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Camera Trap Codger said...

Beautiful job. There is something to be said for small trail cams.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Camera Trap Codger said...

Cliff, just realized that little camera would fit down a mountain beaver burrow, and you wouldn't have to contend with nosy camera lickers like elk! (I'm thinking of your excursion to Mt St Helens a couple summers ago).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home