Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Trail cameras back in action


Went for a five mile hike in a large circle in the area shown above and placed 3 trail cameras back in business. Don't expect much for pictures as the weather is still freezing and not much sign of animal movement but all in all was well worth the effort. Found some good areas for summer photos of elk, crossed a couple of creeks and took a shortcut through a swamp. Sometimes the shortest distance is not always the quickest and the swamp proved to to be true.



These three pictures show the view of my cameras, I always take a picture to aim the camera and it helps when I try to find the cameras the next time I check them.





3 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger KB said...

I can't see your cams in any of the photos... Either my eyes are going bad or you can really hide them!

Glad that you have cameras back out there!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Cliff,

I really like the wildlife photos on your blog, nice work.

What sensor are you using to trigger your olympus 380?

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger cliff said...

KB, none to see and hope you didn't spend too much time looking. After I set up my cameras I use a small digital camera to take a photo of what the trail camera is aimed at just to make sure I can get the background I want.

Mark, I like the small Snapshot Sniper which allows me to get the camera into a pelican 1020 case.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home