Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Test on trail cameras

More stump photos, but this was a test using three different cameras to see how the quality of the photos would compare. It's difficult enough getting a hawk photo on a stump, and me wanting the highest quality picture possible, so I used an Olympus 380 @ 2mg, the Sony P32 @ 3.2 mg and the Sony P41 @ 4.1 mg. All were set on the highest resolution and best settings for a close distance.

First: shown below is the Sony P41



Next is the Sony P32



Last is the Olympus 380



With the results I continued to use the 380 on stumps and logs or close trails, the only difference is with the higher mg cameras I can crop the photo a little for a better picture. The Olympus 380 is very fast to take a picture so I use them to test trails for other animals and try to get the pattern of travel, then I can set a better camera along the path and hope for a great picture at night.

4 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Great pics. I'm going to have to try your stump idea. Thanks.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Camera Trap Codger said...

Hey Cliff, are you sure that first pic isn't from a museum diorama somewhere? Stuffed on a stump? LOL

Must try more stump sets. You've convinced me.

My neighbor wanted to make a camera trap for home security when he's away, and I talked him into buying an Oly 380. He did a fantastic job of building it, but doesn't use it very often.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Cliff
I really enjoy your blog, and have read most of it already.
I have just started camera trapping in South Africa. I have 1 Bushnell trophy cam. The quality of you images is great.
I was wondering if you make camera's to sell ? You can email me on stevenbenjamin1@gmail.com
Camera's are quite expensive in South Africa.

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous wfqSEO said...

The growth in virtual worlds have stalled in latest years with Runescape Gold the ongoing difficulty of needing vast amounts of Pc memory to operate, plus the general poor excellent of social networking functionality Buy Runescape Gold. The chance for virtual worlds lies in browser based applications as well as the improvement of Facebook levels of social networking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home