Friday, November 01, 2013

First photo from my new lens

Picked up a new lens off e-bay for 49 dollars, Sigma 18 x 35  so I can set the camera closer for smaller animals.  Very happy with the first picture of a Blacktail buck at night, but noticed a crack in the my case glass the protects the camera lens so went to a glass cutter to fit new glass.  I had cut the old one from picture glass and must have had a small crack in it when I glued it in (I am not good at cutting a glass let alone make it round).


I cropped this from the original and still has great quality, the lens is very sharp and can't wait to set the camera back into the woods later this fall.

7 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger KB said...

That really is very clear. You're tempting me to try to make my own trail camera... I do have an old rebel and an old lens lying around...

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger SSMOOTHY said...

Nice capture Cliff!

What board are you using with your Rebel, if i may ask?
I'm thinking of getting a board for my Nikon D300, but i'm not entirely sure which one to pick.

I'm thinking of going with Gary's programmable SS.
Do you know a better option?

~SSMOOTHY

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous yahunter said...

good stuff these cameras i use them all the time very usefull hunting tool cheers great site

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous JR Lawhorne said...

Awesome picture Cliff! Just getting into game cameras - I'm amazed at the quality you're getting.

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous TrailCamGuy said...

Great photo Cliff. The picture quality is amazing for these remote cameras.
Good luck on future pics.

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Trail Camera said...

This is an intresting blog that you have posted, you shares a lot of things about Wildlife Camera, Underwater Video Cameras and Stealth Camera. Which are very informative for us. Thanks

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger black panther said...

nice post
best game camera 2019

 

Post a Comment

<< Home