Thursday, May 09, 2013

A learning day of checking my trail cameras

I had eight cameras set in good locations that had been out a week so was excited to have a cool morning for the 5 mile hike.  That didn't last long, out of the 8 cameras only three had pictures, the other five I had either not turned on or the batteries were dead.  My learning curve had dropped a lot over the last year....be sure to double check batteries and switches before leaving the camera.

I did move two cameras to new locations, one to a trail that otter use to bypass a log jam on a small creek. I believe the otter are still up in a pond and this creek is used to get back to the river, where they teach the young the ways of the river.

The other camera was my Canon Rebel that I aimed at a log and stump to test the depth of focus and field of view when set in manual focus. Been a while since I set out the Canon and took 20 pictures of myself and the surrounding area while setting it up, I have it set on five pictures on each trigger of the sensor and it is a very fast sensor.  After all that I wasn't willing to take it down and delete the pictures, it had a large card and maybe the pictures I took was a good test.


 This shows the well used path that leaves the creek to bypass the log jam.
 

6 Comments:

At 2:05 AM, Blogger Alen walker said...


After looking into a number of the blog articles on your web site, I honestly like your technique of blogging. I saved it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back soon. Please visit my web site as well and let me know how you feel.
best trail camera for the money

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Alinamass said...

Hello, dear
My partner has praised your blog and I have to examine your blog. There is a lot of good information on your blog, I venerated understanding it and I figure people will get a huge amount of help from this (Arlo Security Camera) blog. Sam, I have made this deal with of blog, I figure you will get a lot of help from this too. I believe you like this blog, Users will get a lot of information from this blog. I believe you like my blog. I believe you got a huge amount of help from this blog.

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Arlo Security Camera said...

Hi
this blog. I wanted reading it and that I assume individuals can get plenty of absolutely supported from this blog. Sam, I've got written this type of Blog. I've got you prefer this blog, because of reading for this blog.
visit for site

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger linksys extender setup said...

Thanks for sharing. We provide full support for all your Linksys devices, including guidance for your arlo support . So if you are having issues with connecting to the Wifi or configure settings on the Linksys app, then contact us using our live chat services or our email. You can also call us using our customer support phone number. Call at +1-844-456-4180 Toll Free Phone Number

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Farhan.Jee said...

Aside from this, you can check different review websites to find out more about different service providers and their ratings. Top Rated Oven Repair in Riverside

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Get Lockers said...

I love to visit your site always. Most of article are excellent to read. A trail camera or game camera is very important in our wildlife for a session. In this article you show some excellent photo of hunting dear. I have seen a blog like this one, you may also check Trail Cameras That Send Pictures to Your Phone

 

Post a Comment

<< Home