Thursday, November 17, 2011

Knowing the speed of your camera helps !!!

I use different sensor boards to fine tune the speed of the camera on the first picture, then I use the different locations to my advantage to center the animal. This works well with logs and locations where one or two pictures a week would be great. This helps to not miss a great photo, sometimes. In this setting I use a slower setup because of the narrow log and some trees on the left side that will slow the animal down before getting centered in the picture, I even walked the log to get the timing just right for a predator or a deer.



















Because of this first picture I knew the camera was too slow, just couldn't believe the deer would have went faster than a walk across this narrow log. With that in mind, I went with a faster setup in the same location.


This next photo shows the frustration that goes with this hobby. If a grown man gets mad, stomps the ground and yells loud in the woods, and nobbody hears this, does it really happen?


















A close up of what appears to be a 4x4 buck just starting into the picture, my slower camera would have been perfect timing.

6 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Camera Trap Codger said...

Good lesson, but its hard to second guess the critters in the woods. I guess that's why I just leave the cams out for a month at a time these days. Even then, I still don't get the perfect shot very often.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Alyssa Johnson said...

I've been having timing issues with one of my cameras, a crappy cheap Moultrie. I don't know how the higher end Moultries are, but I do not like the one I have. But, it was a well meant Christmas gift, and a camera, so I use it. I just got through a grant 5 Cudde Attack IR that I'm really excited about using! Their timing seems to be MUCH better! Great pics, love seeing the animals from the other side of the country.

BearlyAlyssa, Upstate NY

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous curtis said...

Cliff, I'm just curious on which trail camera you are using...I couldn't tell in the photo you posted holding your camera up with sticks :)

Alyssa, I really like the new moultrie m-100 and m-80. They seem to be much better than their older models...Cuddeback is a great trail camera too!

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous WOW Gold said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger LAR said...

If you need some extra room for all your gear, call Backyard Rooms these guys will fix you up in a jiffy and they finance. Check it out at
Backyard Rooms
http://roomstogrowusa.web12.hubspot.com/huntingfishing

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Peter Abdu said...

I still regularly check this blog for pictures and updates! It was always a nice break to see the work you have been up to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home