Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Water Shrew, first one I've ever seen




I was checking my trail camera where a small creek enters a beaver pond when I heard a small splash like a frog jumped into the creek in the tall grass. Much to my suprise a Water Shrew came swimming down the creek, stopped when it saw me and then started swimming back up the creek. I wasn't sure what it was but knew it was a large shrew of some kind.

I had the camera out of the case and took several photos, one as it was watching me and the other as it was swimming back up stream. Wish I would have had my larger camera with me, the Sony p41 doesn't have a good zoom lens.

2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across this blog, man you get some great images. You, by any chance don't build cameras for other people and if so how much? If you do, you can shoot me an email at
Houska_matt@yahoo.com.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Camera Trap Codger said...

Tremendous find, Cliff. Water shrews and water voles are the reason I was looking into PIRs that work under water, but that's on hold right now. Congratulations on an unusual find.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home