Monday, May 11, 2009

Switched to the Nikon D100 for Vultures

Weather has been rather wet and diffucult to get clear pictures on the Vulture rock, so I moved in the Nikon D100 and hoping for some sunshine. I left the flash off because they just perch on this rock during the day.

This is the view from the camera.


I refreshed my knowledge in the basic laws of physics on my way back down the rock cliff. First one was gravity ... when my foot got caught in a berry vine that wouldn't break I fell forward and down the rock slide on my hands and knees sliding through the brush. Second was that an object in motion tends to stay in motion ... as my speed increased I realized that friction alone would not help, but was happy to see large patch of wild evergreen berries with thorns as large as fish hooks directly in my path. As the words S.O.B spewed forth from my lungs I wondered how far I would have to travel downhill for the Doppler effect to be noticed. But that was short lived as the B word increased when I hit the thorns. I finally came to a gentle 2 G's stop in the middle of the briar patch, all in all it was an enjoyable experience.

3 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Camera Trap Codger said...

If someone had filmed your physics lesson you might have had a YouTube hit. But please don't repeat it, we'd all rather see your animal pictures.

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been there

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Interesting website. Congrat for your work.

Question: What kind of trigger are you using along with your Nikon D100 ?

Thanks,
Emmanuel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home