Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Bear hunts like a cougar



At first this photo shows a bear waiting to pounce on an animal that would be walking on the trail beneath the windfall that it is laying on. But in reality this is a random picture I got in a series of 7 of the bear on this log. I get thousand of photos of animals every year and can write most any caption to make you believe that this is normal animal behavior. But I study animals to learn about there behavior and try to keep my captions in line with normal activity of each animal.

Bears do not hunt in this manner, but this photo is of a bear resting on this log during the day. I have most of my cameras set in multi picture mode to take advantage of lots of pictures of one animal as it is in the camera view area. When the camera is set on trails this is the best method to study the animals activity and also its reaction to the camera.

2 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger lambertWx said...

Just wanted to let you know that I've been enjoying the bear photos.

I've put a link to your site on my own blog, http://faunascope.com.

Keep up the great work!

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Jesses Hunting And Outdoors said...

Interesting pic Cliff. I've found bear beds in the leaves (duff) here but never seen one lay up on a log like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home