Thursday, July 03, 2008

Tip on setting trail cameras for bear


I like getting close pictures of most animals, but sometimes for black bear a person should use a different approach. I have had my cameras bitten and slapped by bears and the cameras have held up to the impact so far but I have been lucky. So for bears be sure to set them where they will be safe at a distance or some type of cage around the case to discourage the bear.

This camera was bitten but continued to take pictures. The power button doesn't work anymore but the wires still work inside the camera and takes pictures great. In this situation I just trigger the camera when checking and then hurry to check the pictures and battery level before the board shuts off the camera. This photo is of the bear just before the damage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home