Saturday, February 07, 2009

Otter on the mink log by the pond




I knew it was about time for the otter to leave the river and head to a pond where they will have their young and teach them to swim. I wanted to get ahead of them, so I set a camera in the pond area while they were still on the river, mink also are moving now to mate so I had a good chance of an animal on this log. The camera was aimed at the log for only one week before the otter arrived, I ended up with 12 pictures of otters running the log and some stopping to look at the camera.

4 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger Tiger777 said...

Great pics, these have to be one of my favourite animals.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Camera Trap Codger said...

Great news and pictures. It must feel pretty good when you are one step ahead of them.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger cliff said...

I feel on top of the world. To finally get to where I can understand where they are headed and why is fantastic.

To get ahead of them in just a week is was more than I can believe or just luck, any way is a winner. Now if I can get a photo of the pups when mom teaches them to swim would be more than I could ever ask for. I will pull my cameras in the pond and check the area often to find the den, most likely she will bring them out of the den before they can swim.

cliff

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Owlman said...

Great shots Cliff.
Congratulations on your success.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home