Thursday, January 10, 2008

Good game camera setup for bobcats




Starting to set a few cameras out for bobcats so I'll be ready for spring breeding season. The males do a lot of traveling during this time and they use this log to cross the creek. You can see how I set the camera in back of the tree so if an animal comes from the left it won't be able to see the camera until the picture is taken.

The one picture is the view from the camera and shows what the picture will look like during the day, but most bobcat photos are taken at night. I just realized that the switch on the camera is in the off position and can't remember if I turned it on after taking the picture. Oh well, certainly wouldn't be the first time.

3 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger Camera Trap Codger said...

A beautiful set, Cliff. Good luck with it. Wish I had a buck for everytime I've forgotten to switch the controller on. I'm trying to discipline myself to use a notebook for each visit now.

 
At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cliff,

How did you know this trail is being used for Bobcat travel? I'm trying to find similar places in Colorado. Teach this old dog a new trick.

I can't wait to see your photos from this breeding season!

CO_Bowhunter

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love checking in on your site from time to time - whole lot better than a zoo. And the scenery, wow. You are so blessed to see so much beauty. Thanks for sharing your great pix.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home