Monday, December 03, 2007

Porcupine taking a short cut


This was taken with an Olympus 380 game camera, an older model camera that still takes great pictures and is very fast on trails. The flash is a little weak but it makes up for it with how fast it takes a picture up close.


The log is high above the water and set the camera up to get a bobcat maybe on the log. Did get a coyote, possum and this porcupine. Logs work good for pictures because the animals are easy to focus on and they walk slower for safety.

2 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Camera Trap Codger said...

Great photo, Cliff. I was looking at log crossings yesterday, but the area here has just too many people. When there's dog doo on the trail, the message is stay away, right?

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger cliff said...

I would agree with that, I try to pick settings that are out of the normal path or human activity. I have such a large area so there's no problem there. With lots of creeks of ponds it makes it pretty easy to keep the cameras hid.

I set several out today for predators and one for otter that only an idiot would be able to find them ( or even set them there). With my house building I had to get out in the woods or loose my mind.

Still ooking for a place that's close for Mt. beaver, know of several but quite a ways to go for pictures.

Take care, cliff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home