Friday, March 27, 2009

Large male Otter


It only took several days for this otter to come back to the same landing where I took the pictures of the tail marks in the sand. I never aimed the camera where I saw the marks but aimed it up stream so it would walk under the camera for a better picture.

I've seen a lot of otter in my days and this is about the largest and looks like it's in great condition and lazy. This is the first photo of a series of 6 pictures I got of him during the day and you can notice the tail dragging marks in the sand up to where it's resting on the moss overlooking the river. The males are easy to identify by the much larger and thicker base of the tail.

I wished I would have used a Sony 600 in this location, but never believed it would have been a day photo.

5 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Blogger Camera Trap Codger said...

Congrats on the great result. Looks like he's quite relaxed.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger cliff said...

If I only knew if it would come back , I would set 3 cameras there and try and get a closeup of it relaxing in the moss. I think I might only because I know where it walks on the landing and I can hide a camera in the brush to the left of where it lays.

I like your yote setup and looks to be well hid. Only problem I see is if the wind blows and the limbs and grass triggers the camera. I have lots of experience with grass and limbs photos, let me know if you need any.

cliff

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Jim said...

Could you do a post (with pictures) of your camera/box gear. Inside and out? I'm interested in seeing what you're working with. Great Job!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Chrissy said...

Wow, great capture. Have a wonderful weekend.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Crepes Recipes said...

Loveely post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home