Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Too many elk







After 2 weeks I was forced to move the camera from the mt. beaver location because the elk have been terrible with my camera. Every week I've had to hunt for almost an hour for the camera after it was bitten and tossed over the hill and into the huckelberry brush. The only good thing was I picked a gallon of berries, nice big blue wild high mountain huckelberries which my wife Kathie made into a fantastic pie. I even forgot to bring in the camera and left it on the ground, so hope it hasn't been stepped on by the elk when I go back to check the cameras. At least I'll get a chance to pick more berries.

I' ll also show a picture of a squirrel that I got on another camera that I had set for predators and showing the mountain in the background. This is very steep country so it's better to have a sunny day to check the cameras rather than rain and being in the clouds at this elevation.

2 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Camera Trap Codger said...

Sure enough, that looks like a "showtl" burrow, but sorry to hear that the elk made a nuisance of themselves. Maybe they'll leave it alone when they are calving?

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What camera do you use? I want to buy one for photography purpose but I am worried about image quality as most are designed for hunters. Your pictures look good though, day and night. Do you get high resolutions at all? Thanks for any help...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home