Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Raccoon walking the wrong direction


I took quite a while quessing from which direction a bobcat would be walking down this log. Waited several weeks to get a picture and I was wrong on all counts, but I still like this location.


The flash was just right and the background was very nice for a night picture but think I will aim the camera more at a 45 degree angle to the log so it won't matter which direction an animal walks the log. Glad it was a raccoon and not a bobcat until I get the camera aimed better.

2 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Camera Trap Codger said...

That kind of thing happens to me all the time. It's made me think about a single camera case wth two cams pointed at different angles, but it probably wouldn't work very well. Easier to use two cams independently, or just bide your time and wait.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger cliff said...

I can't believe how stupid I was today. Hiked 5 miles in to check the cameras and forgot to put my extra cards in my pack, had all kinds of batteries but could'nt chang any cards.

Did change the angle on the camera and brought home 2 cams that I wanted the pictures from. I still like the angle on the log and think that 2 cameras would work great. Might set another one up the nest time I go out.

Wait till you see my stupid coyote that I wanted to walk the log. Will put ut on Friday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home