Saturday, August 04, 2007

High meg game cameras


This cropped photo shows the reason I use top quality cameras in all my game cameras. I set my cameras close to show better detail on the animals but also gives you a chance to crop the picture to see everything up close without a loss of quality.


I cropped the coyote picture that I placed on the blog a while back that showed a fern covering its face. This is how much you can zoom in and still have a good picture. I think it will still make a fine 8x10 photo.

3 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cliff, just luv all your photos.
I even told my scout troop to surf in and see the critters.
Could you reccomend a good all around trail camera to use.
I have a pond in my backyard & like to see who visits.
Thanx and stay well.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger cliff said...

dennis, thanks for checking out my blog, should get some good info for the scouts.

As far as reommending a camera, that is very difficult. I don't use commercial game cameras but have seen some nice pictures from a few. I build my own and even that is getting hard to find good cameras. Seems when we find a good camera the company stops building them and goes to a better inproved model that most of the time is worse.

I think a 35mm film camera would give the scouts a chance to get in the woods and have a lot of fun finding out just what animal uses a trail. I'll check on a few forums and see what kind of parts I can come up with to get something going for you that won't cost an arm and a leg.

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanx Cliff,
I've already got some good feedback from the scouts. They can't believe whats out there in the woods. Being from suburban NJ it's good to expose them to some of Mother Nature's artwork rather than the constant concrete & graffitti they see day to day.
It's also nice for them to see something on their computers besides video games.
Stay well,
Dennis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home