Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Photo showing camera position


I took a picture to show how I set up the camera on the previous two days of deer photos. The camera is about 2 feet off the ground and gets a good angle by aiming it level to the ground. At 6 feet from the farthest trail it gives a good 6 feet high field view on the picture. I use those figures on most of my close trails settings.


This view shows the 2 trails coming together in front of the camera which I have outlined in red.

I personally believe that a camera set low to the ground gives better closeup pictures of the animals, works great from deer to bobcats and is easier to hide so you can get a more natural movement from the animal. I took the moss off the camera so it would show in the picture, but normally I have the camera hid with moss or ferns, any type of natural vegetation works fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home